Identity Management Cheat Sheet
Use this as a quick reference for how to implement Mixpanel identity management code for different SDKs in common scenarios. Reference the HTTP spec for merge criteria if any merge events are failing.
- Call the identify method once you know who the user is.
- Use the reset method on logout if you want to track multiple users on a single device.
- Use the $merge event when you know two distinct_ids should be merged.
- Pass distinct_id either from server to client or client to server.
- Server to client - Use the identify method with the id from your server on the client side.
- Client to server - Use the $merge event to merge the server and client ids.